PUBLIC SAFETY & SECURITY
The Energy Corridor District places a high priority on maintaining a safe environment for business owners, employees, and residents. We foster public safety programs to ensure that the District continues to be one of the most desirable commercial and residential areas in the City of Houston and Harris County.
The Energy Corridor Crime Prevention Patrol enhances public safety. Staffed by full time Harris County Precinct 5 Constable Patrol Officers, the patrol uses vehicles marked by Harris County to increase visibility in the District, respond to District concerns and proactively address potential safety issues while implementing long-term public safety solutions.
Public Safety and Security, one of the District’s Core Services, includes the following goals:
- Promote a safe and secure environment through regular District security patrol with an emphasis placed on cultivating relationships and instilling cooperation with stakeholders.
- Advocate and advance partnerships that supports the District’s public safety interests.
- Host security and public safety events, meetings, and initiatives that increase awareness of safety measures.
Our Success Plan
A successful work place public safety and crime prevention program includes a commitment by management to provide and promote:
A safe working environment free from violence
Work place violence policies and procedures
- An effective comprehensive and visible security plan
Taking an interest in your own personal safety
- Be aware of your surroundings and the people in your surroundings
- Developing a maintenance schedule to keep your security systems, lighting, gates and fences, etc. in proper working order