Summertime is upon us, which means endless fun in the sun for many families. We want to share a few water safety tips to ensure that you and your family have an enjoyable, safe summer at the pool, lake or beach!
- Adults should always be present when children are in the water. Supervision is a key factor in making sure your kids stay safe.
- Know the depth of the water that you're swimming in. The water depths are usually posted in swimming pools but not in lakes or at the beach, so make sure to be aware and stay at a safe level.
- Never eat while swimming – there is a greater chance of choking on food or gum in the water.
- Protect your feet by wearing water shoes when swimming in a lake or the ocean. This can save your feet from getting pinched by crabs and other pesky creatures!
- Never swim alone – make sure to have a buddy!
- Seek shelter when there is a storm. Lightning and water never make for a safe combination.
Have fun splashing around, and don't forget to wear sunscreen!