Save the date for the upcoming 7th Annual Bike to Work Day. Join companies in the Energy Corridor on Thursday, May 19 by cycling to work in celebration of National Bike to Work Month. Skip the traffic, burn calories, reduce emissions and get some fresh air!
Teams will bike to work from downtown, Alief, Memorial Villages, Spring Branch, Copperfield, Cinco Ranch, Bear Creek, Katy and other neighborhoods throughout the city. Begin preparing now by cycling through over 50 miles of scenic trails throughout the Energy Corridor and surrounding areas as well as keeping in following tips in mind:
- Get a bike buddy – Novice cyclists should match up with experienced commuters in your community who can accompany you on your commute.
- Establish a commuter convoy – Identify several meeting locations and bike together to work as a group. Make arrangements for an experienced bike commuter to lead your trip.
- Ensure your bike is in good working order.
- Wear a helmet at all times while riding your bike.
- Carry a pump, spare tube and patch kit at all times; perhaps keep another spare at work.
- Make sure motorists, cyclists and pedestrians can see you at night. For example, headlights are mandatory at night (white in front with a rear reflector displayed on the back)
For more information about biking to work, contact Clark Martinson at 281-759-3800 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Stay tuned for more details!