A vanpool is a group of 5 to 15 commuters who save money, time and stress by sharing their ride in a STAR van. METRO STAR serves an eight-county region, which includes Brazoria, Chambers, Fort Bend, Galveston, Liberty, Montgomery, Waller and Harris Counties so you don't need to live inside the METRO service area in order to participate in a vanpool.
- Register to find others who live and work near you and have similar schedules. You can also email STAR@ridemetro.org.
- Many employers in the Energy Corridor provide financial support to employees as a transportation benefit to help further reduce the individual monthly STAR cost. Ask your employer today.
- STAR riders and bus patrons without midday service can sign up for the Emergency Ride/Guaranteed Ride Home program. The free service provides commuters a way home in the event of a midday emergency, up to three times per calendar year. Sign up here.
- Questions about how it works? Visit the STAR FAQ page.
- Vanpoolers get free use of HOV lanes, which makes their commute faster than driving alone. METRO provides information about High Occupancy Vehicle and High Occupancy Toll lanes (HOV and HOT lanes).
- Earn rewards for all the vanpool trips you take when you register with NuRide. It's free and easy to sign up at www.NuRide.com.